You spent every second of your free time working on your story. You said no to many a weekend invite because that was your writing time. And it paid off! You've written a whole book. But what now?
You don't know where to begin revising your manuscript. You're not sure anyone outside of your friends and family will even want to read the stupid thing. And sending it to agents or publishers? It makes your hands sweat just thinking about it.
But you're also tired of wondering if you'll ever be able to call yourself a published author. All you need is the guidance to get you there.
The Complete Package is a 3-month, 1-on-1 engagement that takes you from finished draft to publishable manuscript.
When we're done . . .
You click send on that email to your dream agent without losing any sleep.
You start fantasizing about what the cover of your book is going to look like.
The outline for your next book starts calling to you from your desktop.
You set aside a special place on your bookshelf for your book.
But don't take my word for it!
"Megan's editorial guidance is a must for anyone serious about writing. She has almost a supernatural ability to see what's missing and challenges you to write the best story of your life."
— Andee Reilly, author of Satisfaction
You're not made of gold.
I get it, believe me. You're working a job you like, but maybe don't love, to pay the bills while you chase your dream. Cost is an issue.
But let's get something straight here right off the bat:
Cost is not the same thing as value.
When you think about writing your book, do you think about what it cost you to do it? The time you could have spent at work, making money; the depreciation of your computer; the price of all the notebooks and pens; all of these things have corresponding monetary values. If you add it all up, your book has already cost you.
But you did it anyway!
Because you wanted to, because you needed to, because it added value to your life.
To reach the next step toward your publishing goals, you need to make sure you're putting your best book forward. Together, we can make that happen.
Click below to book your spot!
Only 2 spaces open per month
What's going to happen . . .
When you click Book Now, you'll be taken to my online scheduler and be shown my next available spot.
Snatch that up -OR- choose the day and time that works best for your schedule. (Note: This will also be the day and time of our first call, so keep this in mind when you schedule.)
You'll be asked to upload your draft and redirected to PayPal to take care of the 20 percent deposit required to hold your spot.
Be sure to check your inbox for the welcome email with more information!
"Megan not only helps you make your book fantastically better, but she also makes you a better writer. If you aren't working with her yet, you should be."
— Audra York, indie-author
Just a quick reminder, I'm Megan!
I dig deep into your draft to find what is and isn't working, helping you and your story reach your potential. Accountability and direction are just two of the tools we'll use to get you closer to your dream of being a published author. I've been studying stories my whole life. This is what I was built to do.
This package is for . . .
- Completed manuscripts.
- Folks who need guidance and accountability to get through the revision process.
- Writers who see book publishing (self- or traditional) as a part of their future income stream.
- Writers who want to build a loyal readership by putting out high-quality work.
This package is not for . . .
- Incomplete manuscripts or partial ideas.
- Folks who want to self-publish just to say they did.
Good for your story, good for the world!
Because part of my mission is to help underrepresented voices tell their stories, $150 of every package sold is donated to a literary-related charity that serves those communities.
- 826 Valencia
- We Need Diverse Books
- Literacy for Incarcerated Teens
- Girls Write Now
- The VIDA Count
The Complete Package includes
A getting to know you call
- You tell me all about yourself and your story, including your intended publishing goals, your ideal reader, and what (if anything) in particular you think you need help with.
A full developmental edit (an $800 value)
- Initial read through for comprehension and overall experience. I'll make a few notes, but mostly I'll be approaching it just like a new reader would.
- Close read through for critique. This is where I'll really dig in to root out the strengths and weaknesses and make all my in-line comments.
- Light line editing
- Developmental memo, broken down by plot, characters, reader experience, etc. This will be far more than a simple copy/paste of my comments, this is where I do my deep thinking about the story and my reactions and come up with constructive criticism and ideas for further development.
- One-hour video-chat to go over any questions, comments, or concerns about feedback.
Two Months of Revision Coaching (a $1120 value)
- One-hour video-chat to discuss goals for revision (this can be combined with the one-hour developmental chat or scheduled separately).
- Weekly deadlines of up to 40 pages to keep you on track to wrap up revisions quickly.
- In-line feedback/Line editing on changes made.
- Mini-memos addressing changes made and suggestions for further development.
FREE BONUS: Final clean up and memo (a minimum $240 value)
- Final read-through of full manuscript with all feedback incorporated with in-line comments.
- Final memo addressing changes made and current state of the manuscript.
Click below to book your spot!
(Payment plans available upon request)
Only 2 spaced available per month!
Unlock the Ultimate Self-Publishing Checklist to achieve authorhood.
Fill in the fields to get started!